SOP review for MS Genetics

chilli

• 1 year later...

For those of you who have written SOPs (or maybe even for those who review them), what is the ideal structure of the SOP? Currently, this is my format:

Paragraph 1: 6 lines describing my interest in pursuing a PhD in Bioengineering

Paragraph 2-5: Describing my past research experiences (1 paragraph for each lab)

Paragraph 6: 5 lines describing my future career goals

Paragraph 7: 12 lines on why I'm interested in that specific school/program

Paragraph 8: 7 lines on the general research area that I am interested in, mention potential PIs

Paragraph 9: 5 lines summarizing my past skills and demonstrating my ability to succeed in the program

At the end of paragraph 5, I am at 1.3 pages (2 page max for SOP). At the end of the last paragraph, I have maybe 2 or 3 lines until the SOP is 2 full pages. I am wondering if it would be beneficial if I go into depth on my research interests? In paragraph 8, I have mentioned the track that I am interested in, with 4 potential advisors. Is this sufficient or would reviewers like to see more in depth research interests?

Thanks for your input.

5 hours ago, maskabone said:

For those of you who have written SOPs (or maybe even for those who review them), what is the ideal structure of the SOP? Currently, this is my format:

Paragraph 1: 6 lines describing my interest in pursuing a PhD in Bioengineering

Paragraph 2-5: Describing my past research experiences (1 paragraph for each lab)

Paragraph 6: 5 lines describing my future career goals xvideos

Paragraph 7: 12 lines on why I'm interested in that specific school/program

Paragraph 8: 7 lines on the general research area that I am interested in, mention potential PIs

Paragraph 9: 5 lines summarizing my past skills and demonstrating my ability to succeed in the program

At the end of paragraph 5, I am at 1.3 pages (2 page max for SOP). At the end of the last paragraph, I have maybe 2 or 3 lines until the SOP is 2 full pages. I am wondering if it would be beneficial if I go into depth on my research interests? In paragraph 8, I have mentioned the track that I am interested in, with 4 potential advisors. Is this sufficient or would reviewers like to see more in depth research interests?

Thanks for your input.

I got this,...

• 1 month later...