Tip for the LSAT?

digits2006

I am starting my masters in the fall in psychology. I am thinking about applying to law school after my masters. I just bought a LSAT study book. Does anyone have any tips for studying or which books help them. I don't have enough money to take a course, so it is all study books for me.

I took the LSAT last year using the Kaplan method. I think you can get a lot of the same things from study books.

1. First, take the test and figure out your strengths and weaknesses.
  2. Create a study schedule that is consistent as possible. For example, one week I would study the logic games (my weakness) for 1 hour Monday and Wednesday, reading on Tuesday, vocab on Thursday, break on Friday, and then get up on Saturday and take a full-length test during the hours the test would actually take place.
  3. Re-examine your strengths and weaknesses every week after your full-length test, because they do change.
  4. Don't just focus on your weaknesses- make sure you touch every part during the week.
  5. Take one full-length test a week.
  6. During the week leading up to the test, take several tests to get the feel of it.
  7. The day before the test, don't study. You've learned everything you will and now is the time to rest your brain.
  8. Usually the LSAT is in the morning, so teach your stomach to eat a good breakfast. It'll push you through and give your brain fuel.
  9. Good Luck!