My fit in the Graduate School Rankings (Statistics)

Hi,

I'm hoping you guys can help me out with where I personally fit among the statistics Phd applicants and also with finding a better list of graduate schools by rankings.

First of all, I have no idea where I personally fit among the other students applying to schools. My overall GPA is 3.3 right now and should only be between 3.35 and 3.4 by the time I start applying in the fall, and I realize that this will easily count me out for the "top" schools. However, my GPA over the last two years of school will be 3.75 and I have a 4.0 in my statistics classes (as well as having taken real and complex analysis, fourier analysis, etc...). Also, I have worked for the last 2 years at for a research institution during the summer and during the school year and also have another research type job this summer.

So my first question is:

What kind of GPA and qualifications did you all have, what schools did you apply to, and where were you accepted?

I would like to get an idea of where I could reasonably expect to get into.

Secondly, assuming I could possibly get into middle or lower tier schools, I have no idea how to find out what these schools would be. I have seen the rankings on US News, but other than that, I don't know how to get my "reach schools" or "safety schools". Many statistics departments aren't even ranked on the top 75 usnews rankings, so I don't know where they would fit. I have used this <http://www.sci.csueastbay.edu/%7Emwatnik/statlist/> site for a listing of all schools, but there are no rankings.

Thanks so much for your help, it really is appreciated!

Edited by brotherchaos41