Graduate Institute, Geneva (IHEID) 2022-23 applicants

sandwomyn

• 3 weeks later...

Heyo! 

I've applied to the MINT Programme. I think the process was pretty smooth - narrowing the essay down to 800 words was pretty tough for me, but otherwise I think it was a relatively simpler application process. The Admissions department was also super responsive and quick to address any issues I had with submitting/validation of application material.

My application's been on "Under Consideration" for a while now. Can't wait to hear back, March 15 is fast approaching!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sandwomyn said:

Do they usually do interviews for PhD applicants??

Yes, that’s what I’ve heard from most of the people that were accepted last year. Then again, the PhD admission process (at least for IL) has changed considerably for this year, so maybe interviews are not a part of the process anymore. 

11 hours ago, elephants_r_cool said:

Nice! :) What specialization did you guys apply for in MINT? My first choice was Environment and Sustainability. One of my friends at IHEID told me that this is completely new-- they would let people choose their specializations after a few months at IHEID previously.

Conflict, Peace and Security :) Yeah, from what I've seen they've changed quite a lot for this year. 

2 hours ago, applicant216 said:

Nice! Is IHEID your first choice? 

preferably id go iheid, the cost for the degree is much lower than peer american schools so thats a huge plus, and the program is great for what im going for

is it your first choice?

3 hours ago, sandwomyn said:

Hey all. This has been a very stressful time lol

They're likely to share decisions on admission and financial support on March 15, right?

yea thats what the website says, decisions should come on or around march 15th

Hey everyone  - Upon checking on my application status on the portal, I noticed that certain aspects of my application have changed. For example, while I have previously indicated that I did not wish to be considered for financial aid (per the PhD-specific application instructions), that seems to have changed to 'yes'. Correspondingly, I see on the documents section of the application that I am now required to provide other files related to a request for financial aid. I am assuming the worst here which is that I was rejected for a PhD but redirected towards a MA track. Has anyone else's application details changed? 

45 minutes ago, Au_DD said:

Hey everyone  - Upon checking on my application status on the portal, I noticed that certain aspects of my application have changed. For example, while I have previously indicated that I did not wish to be considered for financial aid (per the PhD-specific application instructions), that seems to have changed to 'yes'. Correspondingly, I see on the documents section of the application that I am now required to provide other files related to a request for financial aid. I am assuming the worst here which is that I was rejected for a PhD but redirected towards a MA track. Has anyone else's application details changed? 

Mine remains unchanged… seems odd to change someone’s track just like that. Maybe you should try to email the admissions staff and ask about it. 

9 hours ago, Au_DD said:

Hey! Mine changed from "no" to "yes" as well. I doubt they'll redirect my application to the MA track because I have an MA degree in something VERY similar. It'll be super odd if they do that. 

I emailed them to ask about this change in application - will let you know what they say, although I have a feeling they won't get back to me since decisions are expected tomorrow. I too am in the process of completing an MA in public policy (I am applying to the IR/PS PhD), so this is indeed very strange. I don't know how else to explain this other than the application being redirected toward an MA. I looked at acceptance stats from the previous years on the results page and there are a couple of instances of PhD applicants with MAs being offered a fast-track MA in lieu of an outright rejection. So, I won't be surprised if this is the case. 

11 hours ago, Au_DD said:

I applied to MINT, but my application status is doing some weird stuff too - whenever I reload it, the application follow-up page shows a bunch of new sections -- including "Status of Housing Application" and "Other conditions set by the Admissions committee". Both are still blank, and they disappear once the page has fully loaded. Not sure if anyone else has this issue?

I'm guessing all of this might just be a glitch on the website, but idk

8 minutes ago, elephants_r_cool said:

I applied to MINT, but my application status is doing some weird stuff too - whenever I reload it, the application follow-up page shows a bunch of new sections -- including "Status of Housing Application" and "Other conditions set by the Admissions committee". Both are still blank, and they disappear once the page has fully loaded. Not sure if anyone else has this issue?

I'm guessing all of this might just be a glitch on the website, but idk

Yes! I see all of those. For conditions, I see four blank lines.... For Other conditions and Housing, the sections are entirely blank. 

Response from Admissions re: change in financial aid status (which does not really answer my initial question about why it's changed lol):

"Thank you for your message.

Do not worry. Your application file is complete and under consideration.

You will receive our reply tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience" 

4 hours ago, Au_DD said:

Response from Admissions re: change in financial aid status (which does not really answer my initial question about why it's changed lol):

"Thank you for your message.

Do not worry. Your application file is complete and under consideration.

You will receive our reply tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience" 

That does not answer much, except that we may get decisions tomorrow... ?I want to know my results but at the same time I don't want to know.

Edited by IHH