UC Davis "coursework only" status

CHOCTICK

I applied to Davis's master's program in structural engineering and was admitted as a coursework only student; I have my undergrad. in math and have some foundation work to complete.

I was surprised to find out that this status does not qualify for federal financial aid because it is characterized as nondegree seeking--I thought is was more of a conditional admittance type of thing. Has anyone out there had experience with this situation? What should I expect as a coursework only student?

I fully intend on getting my master's from Davis and hope this is the way to go.

• 1 month later...

well as of right now, Davis probabley has accepted you as coursework only, which means you have not been admitted into their engineering program, but are allowed to take courses there. Once you take a couple courses you can reapply and prove to them that you have excelled which then you will most likely be accpeted.

This is the reason why financial support will not assist you because you are not technically enrolled in a program. (Its like if you work at a company and just want to take a course or two)

If you dont mind me asking what was your undergraduate credentials when applying, ex. school, gpa, gre, etc