Berkeley GSE 2022

tiiines

Hi all, I'm wondering if anybody has heard anything from the Berkeley GSE? I haven't seen anything on here and I haven't heard from the program at all. I have a feeling they don't do interviews and (as a undergrad alum) I get the sense that they'll take forever to send out results. 

1 hour ago, love_to_learn said:

I also haven't heard anything! I'm confused if this means it is a rejection if there has been no notice at this point.

I don't think silence means rejection. From my experience with Berkeley as an institution, they take a while to roll these things out and make decisions. Also, keep in mind that they have a much longer winter break than everyone else. Classes don't resume till end of January so I'm guessing they are still going through apps and filtering....Maybe I'm trying to make myself feel better but just my general hunch! 

Ah I see. That's good to know! I just saw that one person on the results page said they received an email from a PI a week ago saying they didn't get in but they could join the master's program, so I wasn't sure if that meant they were already sending out acceptances? Do they usually release all acceptances on the same day?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, love_to_learn said:

It was way earlier in the results section somewhere! They didn't state their concentration. However, it looks like master's applicants got their decisions yesterday!

Do you know if they send out all acceptances/rejections on the same day? I applied to Berkeley's master's in education as well but haven't received any news from them ?does that mean I have to prepare for the worst?

7 hours ago, svdLS said:

Has anyone who applied to a PhD program heard anything back?

Still nothing on my end. UCLA came out this past Friday and traditionally Berkeley follows suit by a week so I'm thinking this Friday?! I can't imagine that it'll be any later than that. 

7 minutes ago, tiiines said:

I called the department today and was told that some decisions have been released and that all decisions should be released by Monday at the latest. ?

Thanks for asking and posting about it! I'm simultaneously more relieved and anxious at the same time