Does the 'Seven Degrees of Separation' concept also apply to sister cities?

vatilgema

Given the nature of sister cities, I've quite often enjoyed seeing how close a given place is to my home town whenever I happen upon their Wikipedia articles. Obviously, given that cities often have 8 or so sisters, checking all 87 (2.09 million, approx) would prove difficult, but I've often found it connected by one city.

Obviously, sisterhood is not major—thus, I've not found anything. But, given that most sister cities are not of the same country, could data be perhaps discovered on the popularity of countries vs. their city count or population?

Such data would be incredibly interesting; and although it's likely this will be not found (alas, AskGeography is too small!) I hope someone can provide data—or a proper source of sister cities, which I'd love to sift through with Python and a few graphs.

if anyone has interest for this, I could probably do some scripting to trawl Wikipedia for sister city data. Would this interest anyone?

On 2/26/2022 at 3:51 PM, vatilgema said:

Given the nature of sister cities, I've quite often enjoyed seeing how close a given place is to my home town whenever I happen upon their Wikipedia articles. Obviously, given that cities often have 8 or so sisters, checking all 87 (2.09 million, approx) would prove difficult, but I've often found it connected by one city.

Obviously, sisterhood is not major—thus, I've not found anything. But, given that most sister cities are not of the same country, could data be perhaps discovered on the popularity of countries vs. their city count or population https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/?

Such data would be incredibly interesting; and although it's likely this will be not found (alas, AskGeography is too small!) I hope someone can provide data—or a proper source of sister cities, which I'd love to sift through with Python and a few graphs.

if anyone has interest for this, I could probably do some scripting to trawl Wikipedia for sister city data. Would this interest anyone?

I got this,..