Waiting on One More Admissions Decision - Should I Let Them Know I Got Another Offer With Funding?

mrbanksissaved

Question

I'm applying for Fall 2022 admission into a few terminal MA programs in Cinema/Media Studies. I have received decisions from all except CUNY Graduate Center. I sent my application in at the beginning of January when their Fall 2022 due date was listed as March 1st, but now their website says June 1st. They were my top choice but I recently got offered a substantial merit scholarship by The New School (originally my second choice but boosted to a shared first due to this funding opportunity). I have to let TNS know my decision by April 15th at the latest or they withdraw my admission. I don't know what to do about the Grad Center. Should I send them an email telling them about the situation to see if they can expedite their decision or should I just accept at The New School? If I accept there then I would be committing since I don't want to back out and burn bridges with the faculty there. I feel like I'm losing my mind over here, what am I supposed to do?

1 answer to this question