Jump to content
  • 0

Waiting on One More Admissions Decision - Should I Let Them Know I Got Another Offer With Funding?



I'm applying for Fall 2022 admission into a few terminal MA programs in Cinema/Media Studies. I have received decisions from all except CUNY Graduate Center. I sent my application in at the beginning of January when their Fall 2022 due date was listed as March 1st, but now their website says June 1st. They were my top choice but I recently got offered a substantial merit scholarship by The New School (originally my second choice but boosted to a shared first due to this funding opportunity). I have to let TNS know my decision by April 15th at the latest or they withdraw my admission. I don't know what to do about the Grad Center. Should I send them an email telling them about the situation to see if they can expedite their decision or should I just accept at The New School? If I accept there then I would be committing since I don't want to back out and burn bridges with the faculty there. I feel like I'm losing my mind over here, what am I supposed to do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use