Chicago Harris MSCAPP Vs NYU Steinhardt A3SR?

ozyozyozy

Can someone please help me decide between these two programs (and schools)? I am leaning towards MSCAPP as it seems to be a more established program with excellent faculty.

I have received a $10 K scholarship and have also applied for reconsideration of this amount. I have received no funding from NYU. Do you think it is worth writing to NYU for a scholarship?

The tuition for the two programs are roughly the same (after considering the scholarship from Chicago). My sense is that Chicago is slightly cheaper than NYC in terms of living expenses. I would like to know how the two programs/universities compare in terms of curriculum flexibility, living expenses, job outcomes, prestige, alumni networks?

For context: I am an international student. I have six years of experience — 3 years in data analyst roles in the private sector and 3 years in policy roles at non-profits. I want to continue to work in the data science for public policy after I graduate. 

Thanks a lot!

• 1 year later...