UCSB Support Group

lucydacus

hey all! noticed a lot of conversations on the acceptance board re: why in the world UCSB is taking so long so figured i'd move the convo here so we could all scream together. anybody got any news this week? i'm truly frothing at the mouth rn, i'm getting so desperate. tempted to email somebody about it but since others have tried to no avail i'm a little worried....

hey! i'm in the exact same boat right now. i have heard nothing from them and honestly i am entirely losing hope. have they in the past also taken this long to decide or is this an unusually difficult year in reviewing applications? in any case, wishing you the best and crossing my fingers that we both hear something (ANYTHING) back soon!

On 4/3/2022 at 3:34 PM, HeyItsMaria said:

hey! i'm in the exact same boat right now. i have heard nothing from them and honestly i am entirely losing hope. have they in the past also taken this long to decide or is this an unusually difficult year in reviewing applications? in any case, wishing you the best and crossing my fingers that we both hear something (ANYTHING) back soon!

i am glad there are others here in the same situation as me bc if not i would be having an even harder time which sounds.... unbearable. i have combed through the past few years and it has seemed like they usually do it earlier (except for one year that they sent out rejections after april 15.... yikes.), but i'm really unsure if they've sent anything out and it just so happens that nobody they've been in contact with is on grad cafe or what's up? i do know that everybody else i've heard from has said it's been one of the most applied to years but even still, with two weeks to go until the Big Deadline.... it's getting a little frustrating.

UCSB like many of the UC schools is super short staffed right now. I am at a diff UC school and we're constantly having to move deadlines and the admin is working at a snail's pace because they're overburdened. I'm sorry for you all, this is way too long to wait. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 12:30 AM, nudeinbrook said:

UCSB like many of the UC schools is super short staffed right now. I am at a diff UC school and we're constantly having to move deadlines and the admin is working at a snail's pace because they're overburdened. I'm sorry for you all, this is way too long to wait. 

Oh, I see! I do feel lucky that the only other school I am interested in does not require me to make a decision until August, so at least I can wait, but it must've sucked for those who had the April 15th deadline to make a decision without even having their admissions results from UCSB (or the other UCs). Anyways, thank you so much for passing along this info! Time to continue to wait patiently!

On 4/5/2022 at 1:01 AM, lucydacus said:

i am glad there are others here in the same situation as me bc if not i would be having an even harder time which sounds.... unbearable. i have combed through the past few years and it has seemed like they usually do it earlier (except for one year that they sent out rejections after april 15.... yikes.), but i'm really unsure if they've sent anything out and it just so happens that nobody they've been in contact with is on grad cafe or what's up? i do know that everybody else i've heard from has said it's been one of the most applied to years but even still, with two weeks to go until the Big Deadline.... it's getting a little frustrating.

Have you had any luck yet? I am still waiting! It does feel better to know I am not the only one in this position, so thank you for opening this thread!