CGS-M and OGS (Ontario)

Attempted_Academic

Hi all.

This year I received and accepted CGS-M (SSHRC). I also applied for OGS. My understanding is that I cannot hold both, but that I could be offered both.

BUT, I recently found out that our grad administrator at school removes our OGS applications for consideration if we've received and accepted CGS. Is this normal???

I know plenty of people at other schools who were offered both and declined one but put both on their CV. It sounds like the option to receive both is not an option for us and that was the first time I had heard of that. 

3 hours ago, Attempted_Academic said:

Hi all.

This year I received and accepted CGS-M (SSHRC). I also applied for OGS. My understanding is that I cannot hold both, but that I could be offered both.

BUT, I recently found out that our grad administrator at school removes our OGS applications for consideration if we've received and accepted CGS. Is this normal???

I know plenty of people at other schools who were offered both and declined one but put both on their CV. It sounds like the option to receive both is not an option for us and that was the first time I had heard of that. 

Hello,

I'm in the same boat! Got offered and accepted CGS-M (SSHRC) at Queen's but I also applied to OGS back in January. You definitely can't accept the scholarship for both, but I agree with you that it would be great to be able to at least put both on a CV if successful! Would love to know what the official position is with regards to being taken out of consideration, if at all. But also in some cases OGS can be even more competitive than SSHRC so you could be successful for one and not the other! Gonna subscribe so I can see what other information is out there!