Harvard Ed.Ld- Fall 2011

teachgirl22

I am going to apply for the Harvard Ed.Ld. program (doctorate in educational leadership) for the term beginning fall of 2011. I am wondering if any others applied last year and were accepted, or are applying for next year like me.

Frankly I have no idea what they are looking for in terms of experiences/backgrounds of candidates and am not sure I will be a great candidate. I am an alum of Teach For America- not sure if this will be looked upon favorably or not! I am in my 3rd year of teaching in an inner city elementary school. Due to the craziness of teaching, I do not have a ton of experience outside of my school- although I have taken on leadership roles in the school (parental involvement, leadership team, grade level chair, etc.) I don't think this is so impressive to people looking for future policy makers though! I also am fully bilingual (English/Spanish.) I do have a 4.0 in my masters in urban education.

Any idea if they are interested in someone as inexperienced as me? Any other applicants want to share their backgrounds?

Thanks! Good luck everyone!

Hey there!

I too, am a TFA corps member (06) and i am looking at Harvard's Education school too but I'm interested in the Edd (Education, Cultures, Communities). If you go to the page, there is a profile of current students and it shows you the types of things the people who were accepted into the education program have accomplished. I have been teaching for 5 years. A lot of my friends who were TFA corps members have been accepted to Harvard's school of education so I wouldn't necessarily say it's looked down upon.