Mid level US universities for Electrical Engineering

assad62

HI,

Just to rephrase my topic in the GRE section, I am a graduate student from Pakistan. My undergrad degree is from University of Nottingham in Electrical Engineering with a C average over all. I am currently enrolled in a Masters program in Computer Science in a Pakistani university and if all goes well, intend to proceed onto a Phd in CS. However, my second option is to get a MS in Electrical Engineering and with regards to that I have a few questions:

1. I have a GRE score of 1200 ( 690 q/510 v). I applied and got into RIT (rochester institute) for MS electrical engineering, but was unfortunately not able to leave Pakistan, so I had to refuse the offer. I am intending to apply again, so I would be obliged if people could suggest universities similar to RIT where I would be able to get admission?

2. Secondly, and more importantly, can good grades in my Msc in CS help in improving my chances for a MS in EE from a better school for eg. CMU or Northwestern?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by assad62