policies for international married couples

Is there anybody who knows the details of the procedures for the family policies for the international student couples? Any website or any experienced person will help a lot. The exact question is this: I have been admitted to a Sociology Program (PhD). My prospective husband (what do you call it, my fiance??) has applied but rejected from a different program at the same university. I was wondering if it would help him to be admitted or lead to my rejection if we had notified them about our plans about getting married.. Actually I am curious if US universitites has a policy of protecting the family unity or something like that, that would be helpful for us to stay together in the States... We are both international students.. I guess that each state has a different policy for that, but I dont know where to look for the policies..

Thank you

If the university decides to act on goodwill, it might work. Not otherwise. As far as I know, they won't give an admit to your fiance because you are planning to get married. Nor will they reject you based purely on that. I hear something about a fiance visa, but that works only when one of you is a US citizen. Again, I might be wrong here so check the US visa policies regarding the same, but I am pretty sure that a few years back married couples could get a visa together if even one of them was a student but they have stopped doing it now.