Application advice/chance me for Oxford's MSc in Global Governance and Diplomacy

hawksfan89

Question

I came across Oxford's MSc in Global Governance and Diplomacy, and was curious to know if anyone could provide me with some details concerning the competitiveness of the application process and any tips on how to bolster my application/personal statement.

For context, I am an incoming fourth year student at the University of Toronto with a GPA of 3.96/4.0. I have had a couple of articles published in undergraduate international affairs journals; I work as a Research Assistant for a professor in the Political Science Department; I am a lead analyst for the G7 Research Group (independent think tank based out of the Munk School); and I am currently undertaking an undergraduate thesis pertaining to US diplomatic history. Thankfully, I also have a couple of strong references that I can rely upon come September.

Based on an honest assessment, does my application appear competitive for such a selective program? Any advice on how to improve the application?

1 answer to this question

On 5/9/2022 at 2:39 PM, Dr_Hugh_ said:

Your profile is good. What the admissions committee will look at carefully the most: statement of purpose and writing sample.

thanks for the reply! anything that I should know when crafting the statement of purpose? any details I should be sure to not leave out?