Bay Area MSW Fall 2023

Hello all! I know it is a bit premature, but I figured I'd start a thread for those applying from the Bay Area to an MSW program. I am applying to UC Berkeley, SF State, Cal Poly Humboldt, CSU East Bay, and San Jose State. I want to work with teens in a nonprofit setting. Please feel free to share where you are applying to and what area you are planning on going into. 

Hi! I'm also going to be applying to SJSU for their hybrid program for fall 2023. This was the only program I was going to apply to because realistically it's the only one I can imagine affording (even with loans) but now I'm not sure if that's a good idea?? I'd be devastated if I didn't get in but I can't see myself going anywhere else just bc I need to work and that has been the program most accommodating for that. Anyway, glad to be connected! 

On 5/18/2022 at 1:50 PM, wait_urmuted said:

Hi! I'm also going to be applying to SJSU for their hybrid program for fall 2023. This was the only program I was going to apply to because realistically it's the only one I can imagine affording (even with loans) but now I'm not sure if that's a good idea?? I'd be devastated if I didn't get in but I can't see myself going anywhere else just bc I need to work and that has been the program most accommodating for that. Anyway, glad to be connected! 

Hi there! I totally understand your struggle. I have heard good things about the program at SJSU, so I think you are making a great decision and going in the right direction. It is awesome that SJSU has such an accommodating hybrid program. I really appreciate it when schools are willing to provide options for students who still need to work while studying. It definitely helps that they're affordable too. I'm glad to be connected as well ?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...