CUNY timeline?

lxs

I applied to the CUNY Graduate Center, which is one of my top choices. There were two deadlines - Feb. 15 for financial aid consideration and April 15 as the final deadline. I met with the grad coordinator there, who told me that this was because the program had rolling admission. I've tried to contact admissions to figure out when I might hear but they are just sending out a form email because they are so swamped. Does anyone have any experience with CUNY and their insanely late deadline? Any word on when they might make decisions? I'm aware that this would of course vary according to program, but I'm wondering if it's going to be in March or, like....July.

I just called the department secretary (annoying little me!) - she said we should hear back "in the next few weeks." I didn't want to press beyond that. But I'm guessing it means, at least, by the end of March. And not July (I hope not!!!).

I only have experience with the soc and poli sci dept, the former rejected me around mid March last year and the latter I'm waitlisted-on currently- was told they will tell me at the latest by May 2. Hard to make plans.

I feel frustrated with dept secretary who altho likely is very busy, seems to give somewhat contradictory dates and little tidbits of info. on timing factors or others (e.g discloses waitlist will be reviewed in March but won't say when they will likely notify or what % of waitlist they have taken in the past).

I can't tell if she is too busy to answer my questions (I only e-mailed reply to waitlist and a reply to her answer- am not a weekly bugger) or if applicant positions of waiting to hear our dispositions is of little concern to her.( I think a past application I got rejected to from another school was partly due to dept secretary not paying attention to what I was asking or telling her about my supplementals). In sum, are we mere peons in this game, deliberately made to suffer with the mysteries of timing (and other info) about our aps at CUNY or am I paranoid?

Is strange they don't seem concerned about losing applicants by their making us wait (at least in certain programs).

• 4 weeks later...

UPADATE Y'ALL for POLI SCI AT LEAST:

Was told via e-mail by Dr. Tien, admit committee coordinator, that the ADMIT COMM FOR POLTIICAL SCIENCE WILL NOT MEET AGAIN UNTIL THE BEGINNING OF MAY- SO NO WORD FOR ANYONE FORTHCOMING TIL May 2 (or possibly even later). So, those waiting to hear on funding and/or on waitlist might as well avoid the stress of checking e-mail and snail mail ten times a day as it seems they plan on torturing us til the last minute. I figure the longer the wait, however, the better the chances for us peons on the waitlist . GOOD LUCK Y'ALL. Anyone know the status of the ad coms meeting for other depts?