Kinda regretting my decision...

atm14834

So, I got into a pretty good PhD program across the country in biomedical sciences and was really excited. But, I made the move to the city and it just felt weird. It didn't feel right to be there and I lost all interest in the program and the school and got really like depressed. I tried so hard to focus on the positives of being in a new city and the school and the research, but I just felt so unsettled about it. I wound up coming back to my home state for now. I've almost convinced myself that it's a better idea for me to just take a year off and reapply to something that I feel better about. I know part of it is probably just homesickness, but I lived away from home before for my masters degree and it was nothing like this. I'm really kind of at a stand still. I know I still have a little bit of time before we start courses to back out if I really need to. I just know how hard a PhD is going to be and I don't see where I need to make it harder on myself if I'm going to be that upset. In the same boat, it is a great school and I'm slightly afraid of reapplying and not getting in somewhere. A PhD is 110% definitely something I want to do and will regret if I don't get the chance to do it. But I also don't want to risk my health that much for it right now. I just think I might've rushed my decision on which school to go to this cycle. I tried reaching out to a couple other schools I was accepted too to see if they happened to have any spots left, but no luck. 

• 1 year later...