School Psychology Fall 2023 (Canada)

SACP786

8 minutes ago, sara_2024 said:

Wow, thats very interesting! I always wondered what the chances were of contacting PI’s vs not. I hope that you also receive good news from your other schools! 

Yea I am not sure actually, I know some Universities for School Psyc programs say that it is not necessary to reach out beforehand (however, I am pretty sure UofT suggests you do).

Best of luck to you as well! I hope you receive good news from the schools you applied to :)

Edited by Molly12345

32 minutes ago, sara_2024 said:

I received an invite today from a PI at Calgary. I hadn’t contacted this PI but another one which they said is at full capacity. The invite is for tomorrow so I’m very stressed right now! 

Congratulations! You will do amazing :) Is this for the MSc stream for the SACP program at UofC? 

8 hours ago, psyched1111 said:

Hi! Has anyone gotten an interview from MW from OISE SCCP? Also, it seems like there isn't a departmental interview day for OISE SCCP, does anyone know how the admission process works? Thank you!

I am also hoping for an interview from them but haven’t heard if that helps lol. 

14 hours ago, psyched1111 said:

Hi! Has anyone gotten an interview from MW from OISE SCCP? Also, it seems like there isn't a departmental interview day for OISE SCCP, does anyone know how the admission process works? Thank you!

I interviewed this week with a PI from the OISE SCCP program. From my understanding, each PI interviews their prospective students and then sends the name of the student they have selected to the dept. From there, it takes the dept around 4-6 weeks to send official letters of admission. He told me we probably wont hear until late Feb/early March (as he said it's completely dependent on the dept, and they usually take a while)! I am not 100% when interviews are taking place (as it's PI dependent), and haven't heard of anyone getting an interview with MW, but from what I do know it seems interviews started going out late last week (and the turnaround day from time of invite to actual interview is FAST (1-2 days)). Hope this helps! 

Edited by Molly12345

2 hours ago, Molly12345 said:

I interviewed this week with a PI from the OISE SCCP program. From my understanding, each PI interviews their prospective students and then sends the name of the student they have selected to the dept. From there, it takes the dept around 4-6 weeks to send official letters of admission. He told me we probably wont hear until late Feb/early March (as he said it's completely dependent on the dept, and they usually take a while)! I am not 100% when interviews are taking place (as it's PI dependent), and haven't heard of anyone getting an interview with MW, but from what I do know it seems interviews started going out late last week (and the turnaround day from time of invite to actual interview is FAST (1-2 days)). Hope this helps! 

Thank you so much for this info! Really appreciate it:)

3 hours ago, sara_2024 said:

No! It’s getting super frustrating haha. I know that some PIs at McGill will be holding interviews but have not heard anything else.

I called McGill this morning to get a rough idea of when interview offers are going out but couldn't get through. My BSc and MA are from UoT so it may be a long-shot anyway since I'm assuming these schools will take their honours students.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Molly12345 said:

Has anyone heard anything yet from McGill, OISE, Calgary, or Edmonton?

I emailed UofC and they said they would inform applicants between 10-12 weeks from the application deadline. For UofA, I emailed the SCCP coordinator and she said they are still reviewing apps and we wont hear till end of Feb most likely. The waiting is brutal but sending good vibes to everyone!!!

3 hours ago, eagerpsychgrad said:

I emailed UofC and they said they would inform applicants between 10-12 weeks from the application deadline. For UofA, I emailed the SCCP coordinator and she said they are still reviewing apps and we wont hear till end of Feb most likely. The waiting is brutal but sending good vibes to everyone!!!

Thanks for sharing! I guess that means UofC could be this week then!!

Edited by Molly12345