Should I apply Fall 2010, or 2011?

jennythepooh

Hi everybody,

I’m looking into applying to grad school for industrial-organizational psychology or applied social psychology. The programs that I’ve been looking at ask for a minimum of a B, or B+ average. But of course, I understand that much higher grades are required in order to get actually accepted. My current GPA is about a 3.4, and since I plan to apply this fall, I won’t get much opportunity to pull it up with my 4th year marks as most of my courses this year are during the winter term. My concern is whether I should apply this fall term with a 3.4 GPA, or wait until next fall term to apply? I’m pretty confident that I will be able to raise my GPA during my 4th year..but I really don’t like the idea of wasting a year after graduating

Now, I registered to write my GREs in October, and plan to write my subject specific GRE in November. However, if I really do choose to apply to grad school next fall instead..then I would have the opportunity to write my GRE’s at a later day and would have much more time to prepare for them

Should I bother applying this fall? Or should I wait for next fall?

Please please, any advice will be helpful!