Dissertation Buddies: A Thread of Stoke & Support

Hey all y'll out there in that dissertation phase -

I don't know about you, but it'd be nice to have a place to report ongoing progress, successes, failures, schedules, feedback, and other thrills of the dissertation process. I'm thinking this thread could be that.

No obligation to comment on others' posts, though it's nice to know we're not alone out here. Or rather, we are. So very, very alone. But at the same time, in different places. 

I'm in the humanities (lit and critical theory) but all dissertating individuals are welcomed and encouraged to post.

cheers- 

E.

• 1 year later...

I am currently writing a research paper, not a dissertation, but there is a real need for such things. The work I'm working on is quite complicated and I worry whether I'm doing everything right, it helps me a lot to share my feelings with friends or a supervisor, to discuss what I've already written, it's not a detailed analysis, but sometimes it turns out that you're worrying in vain