4 Columbia University New York, NY

5 University of Michigan--Ann Arbor Ann Arbor, MI

6 University of California--San Diego La Jolla, CA

7 University of Chicago Chicago, IL

8 University of California--Berkeley Berkeley, CA

9 Yale University New Haven, CT

10 Massachusetts Institute of Technology Cambridge, MA

10 New York University New York, NY

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-political-science-schools/international-politics

does anyone know where i can find rankings on international relations departments for graduate studies?

thank you much.

Foreign Policy Association top 10 is a bit different... for instance, I don't know anyone who wouldn't put SAIS in there.

http://www.fpa.org/info-url4715/info-url_list_more.htm?attrib_id=12902&doc_category_id=1127

Foreign Policy Association top 10 is a bit different... for instance, I don't know anyone who wouldn't put SAIS in there.

http://www.fpa.org/info-url4715/info-url_list_more.htm?attrib_id=12902&doc_category_id=1127

Note, however, that these are more for Masters in Public Policy and foreign policy in general than International Relations PhDs. Just read all the descriptions, and they talk about MPPs and masters more than PhDs.

Or at least, that's how I've always understood FPA's rankings.

Note, however, that these are more for Masters in Public Policy and foreign policy in general than International Relations PhDs. Just read all the descriptions, and they talk about MPPs and masters more than PhDs.

Or at least, that's how I've always understood FPA's rankings.

Yeah, definitely - but the OP didn't specify, and given that IR tends to be something you do at the MA/MPA level, I took a shot there.

Um, IR is not something that is done primarily at the MA level. IR is a sub-discipline of political science...

Exactly. So when someone says "I'd like to do political science with a focus in IR" (as I am doing, by the way), I'll assume they mean PhD. But I maintain saying "I want a degree in IR" puts you firmly in the MA/MPA category.

Edit: Also, he said specifically "International Relations Departments," so that further supports my point.

Edited by balderdash

Woah! Calm down, everyone! I was just trying making things clearer! I never said what you had posted was wrong/not what he wanted, just that it was what it was. :huh:

Edited by tskinner

Woah! Calm down, everyone! I was just trying making things clearer! I never said what you had posted was wrong/not what he wanted, just that it was what it was. :huh:

I agree - take some deep breaths folks. It's not even September - far too early to get too worked up.

I'm just starting at one of these :)

1 Princeton University Princeton, NJ

1 Stanford University Stanford, CA

3 Harvard University Cambridge, MA

4 Columbia University New York, NY

5 University of Michigan--Ann Arbor Ann Arbor, MI

6 University of California--San Diego La Jolla, CA

7 University of Chicago Chicago, IL

8 University of California--Berkeley Berkeley, CA

9 Yale University New Haven, CT

10 Massachusetts Institute of Technology Cambridge, MA

10 New York University New York, NY

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-political-science-schools/international-politics