Fall 2023 Bioinformatics / Computational Biology / Biostatistics U.S PhD Application

M-A-Maher

I've noticed No one started this thread this year, so here we go. 
This is my second round of applying; I applied last year but got all rejections. 
I am an international student who has a bachelor's degree in biomedical sciences, Computational Biology, and genomics concentration. 
I graduated from ABET accredited University in Egypt.
GPA 3.57/4.00 with Honors.
One publication in Scientific reports based on my Bachelor thesis, first author with equal contribution. 

8 months of experience in the Biotech industry as an R&D bioinformatician. 
No GRE, 7.5 IELTS. 
Courses in Undergraduate studies: 
Basic biology courses plus: Molecular biology, comparative biology, Developmental biology, structural biology, Human genome, and disease. 
Basic chemistry courses plus: Analytical and Physical chemistry
Calculus 1 and 2, Linear algebra, Discrete Math, Numerical analysis, and Biostatistics. 
Introduction to programming, Data Science, Systems biology, Bioinformatics, Data Structure, and Algorithms for Computational Biology

I have 3 strong recommendations, and I submitted 4 recommendations in some of them. 

My list: 
Virginia Tech:   Genetics, Bioinformatics, and Computational Biology
University of Tennessee in Knoxville: Ph.D. in Genome tech
Brown university: Ph.D. in Computational Biology
Cornell:  Computational Biology PhD
Emory: Genetics and Molecular Biology Ph.D. with Computational Biology concentration
University of Rochester: Biostatistics 
Dartmouth University: Quantitative Biomedical Sciences Program
Boston University: Ph.D. of Bioinformatics
Yale University: Ph.D. in biological and biomedical sciences, Computational Biology, and Bioinformatics
Delaware: Bioinformatics Data Science PhD
Georgia Tech:  Bioinformatics (Biology) PhD
Pittsburgh (Carnegie Mellon): Pittsburgh - Carnegie Mellon Joint program in Computational Biology

Can Someone reflect on my List, and please share your list maybe we have commons. 

• 1 month later...