Columbia SIPA Fall 2023 Results

Hey all, kicking this off to discuss application decisions for SIPA MIA/MPA Fall 2023. Looks like decisions came out on this day last year (2021) for Early Action but I haven't seen anything come through yet. Anyone else? Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by 2023MPAhopeful
typos/clarity

Hey, I have also been looking for the results but have heard nothing so far. For EA, just SIPA is making me wait the most, haha!

In one of the previous threads, someone had mentioned that decisions are released usually on Mondays or Fridays so I guess we'll have to wait till 23rd evening

On 12/26/2022 at 10:30 AM, nnnnnage_skywalker said:

CONGRATS y'all!!

To the contrary, I applied for the early decision and I'm still not receiving any emails (which indicates that I'm totally f up...)

I still can't believe I possibly failed, given that I'm funded from my country, scored 169 on GRE Quant, with TOEFL 110...

ANYWAYS, I'm still waiting!!!!

From what I've read in previous threads, it seems like SIPA releases decisions slowly even for early applicants. I saw someone hearing back as late as early January so there's hope. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

@PrincessKoalaThat is actually strange but maybe it's possible they are releasing decisions very slowly this time/in batches. So far, they have been quite quick to respond to any queries. Wonder why they aren't replying to mails any longer. I hope you hear back soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that, if you have competitive offers from other programs, it's definitely worth reaching out to Columbia to see if they can work with you on upping your fellowship package. I reached out to the person I had been talking with for the MPA-ESP program about an offer I had received from a different program and they doubled my fellowship offer. Good luck to everyone still hearing back!

On 1/7/2023 at 12:27 AM, PPAspirant said:

Hi, I applied on the last day of the early application deadline. I haven't heard from the Admissions team till now. So I guess I may not have gotten in but do they not send rejection mails?Ā 

I'm in the same situation and I asked the team about that. They told me they will give out the remaining decision letters in March . (This is maybe because I sent the admissions new test scores after the ED due date.)

Actually, you can also interpret that from their website, which says as follows (I noticed this only after later on...):

Ā 

AFTER SUBMITTING MY APPLICATION, WHEN WILL I RECEIVE A DECISION?

Decision notifications are posted to the application portal. You will receive an email when a decision is available.

MIA/ MPA: Fall Early Action applicants will receive decisions by January 1, and remaining fall decisions are communicated in mid-March.Ā 

On 2/1/2023 at 9:44 PM, Dublingrad said:

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you all know that, if you have competitive offers from other programs, it's definitely worth reaching out to Columbia to see if they can work with you on upping your fellowship package. I reached out to the person I had been talking with for the MPA-ESP program about an offer I had received from a different program and they doubled my fellowship offer. Good luck to everyone still hearing back!

Hey! I received my offer from SIPA for MPA-ESP as well. Whom did you contact to increase your fellowship amount?

Hey! I reached out to Maya who brought it up to the fellowship committee who decided, in light of my interest in the ESP program and the offer I had received from UChicago, that they would up my fellowship award. Hope this helps and good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey you all, it seems there is a pattern over the last few years for the results to come during the 9 March-15 March period and always on Tuesday and Fridays. Fingers crossed for a Columbia email tomorrow!!

2017: 10 March, Friday

2018: 9 March, Friday

2019: 12 March, Tuesday

2020: 13 March, Friday

2021: 16 March, Tuesday

2022: 15 March, Tuesday

--

2023: 14 March, Tuesday?

ORĀ  17 March, Friday?

Ā 

Anyone very anxious as welll? Please share in case any of you receive results during the upcoming days