Columbia SIPA Fall 2023 Results

12 hours ago, boringriot said:

has anyone that applied for the feb 5 deadline get any announcements yet? i haven't received any email so far. are rejection emails sent on the same day? (mentally preparing)

No letter yet, and no updates in the application portal. Applied for the Feb 5 deadline. Anyone else in the same boat?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 8:35 PM, lily_pad said:

No letter yet, and no updates in the application portal. Applied for the Feb 5 deadline. Anyone else in the same boat?

On 3/14/2023 at 11:05 PM, james_milner said:

which deadline you applied for? I haven't received a decision yet and I applied for the Feb 5 deadline

I'm an international student. I applied for their Feb 5 deadline and received an email that my decision of acceptance was available on the portal on March 14. I applied for the SIPA MIA program. Try checking the portal again and emailing them? Fingers crossed!

Edited by boogieman11

• 3 months later...

I fd up by submitting my application after the funding deadline. Though i got the offer, costs are unholy and I just happen to have a medical condition that'd probably prevent me from enrolling this fall. I'd emailed the admissions office asking if I could get considered for a scholarship if I deferred, but they said that this "could not be guaranteed". For some reason, the fact that they chose this wording gives me hope - does this mean I could still have a chance??? Any advice or help would be appreciated!

9 minutes ago, chili908 said:

I fd up by submitting my application after the funding deadline. Though i got the offer, costs are unholy and I just happen to have a medical condition that'd probably prevent me from enrolling this fall. I'd emailed the admissions office asking if I could get considered for a scholarship if I deferred, but they said that this "could not be guaranteed". For some reason, the fact that they chose this wording gives me hope - does this mean I could still have a chance??? Any advice or help would be appreciated!

am also not sure if I'm that competitive in the funding pool...I'm an international student from a developing country, fresh from undergrad, w 6 months experience in a UN country office and a strong rec letter by the assistant representative. Also various other internships in journalism and global communication. but these pale in comparison with a lot of the incoming grad students here