EdD in Curriculum and Instruction

Teachk5

Hi All,

Anyone else applying to Doctorates in Curriculum and Instruction? I applied to University of Virginia and am waiting to hear back. I'd love to hear from anyone that's applying to other programs, dealing with the wait, or people that are in an EdD program that have any advice! Just looking to connect with anyone who's on a similar journey.

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2023 at 9:44 AM, Teachk5 said:

Hi All,

Anyone else applying to Doctorates in Curriculum and Instruction? I applied to University of Virginia and am waiting to hear back. I'd love to hear from anyone that's applying to other programs, dealing with the wait, or people that are in an EdD program that have any advice! Just looking to connect with anyone who's on a similar journey.

Hello! I also applied to this program. I received an email yesterday to schedule an interview, which I didn't know was part of the process. Have you received any communication?

1 hour ago, teachlnmg2025 said:

Hello! I also applied to this program. I received an email yesterday to schedule an interview, which I didn't know was part of the process. Have you received any communication?

Congrats on your interview! I've got radio silence over here, so now that has me worried. When I login to my application mine still says "submitted." Has yours changed to something else?

5 minutes ago, Teachk5 said:

Congrats on your interview! I've got radio silence over here, so now that has me worried. When I login to my application mine still says "submitted." Has yours changed to something else?

My status hasn't changed on the portal. I am feeling a little worried about having an interview. I can't find anywhere that this says it is part of the process, which makes me think they are on the fence about my application. Do you know if this is part of the process? It isn't listed on their website. 

38 minutes ago, teachlnmg2025 said:

My status hasn't changed on the portal. I am feeling a little worried about having an interview. I can't find anywhere that this says it is part of the process, which makes me think they are on the fence about my application. Do you know if this is part of the process? It isn't listed on their website. 

I'm not sure, but I would consider it a good thing. They're interested enough in you to take the time out and get to know you a little bit better. I think if they weren't interested they wouldn't bother.

3 hours ago, Teachk5 said:

I'm not sure, but I would consider it a good thing. They're interested enough in you to take the time out and get to know you a little bit better. I think if they weren't interested they wouldn't bother.

Possibly! I hope you hear something soon. Have you been able to connect with any other applicants?

18 minutes ago, teachlnmg2025 said:

Possibly! I hope you hear something soon. Have you been able to connect with any other applicants?

Thank you! I hope so, too. I applied in December and the wait has been killing me. I've been trying to find other applicants, but haven't heard from anyone yet. Most people in this forum are applying to PhD programs. 

On 3/1/2023 at 12:12 PM, Teachk5 said:

Thank you! I hope so, too. I applied in December and the wait has been killing me. I've been trying to find other applicants, but haven't heard from anyone yet. Most people in this forum are applying to PhD programs. 

Oh got it! I have only been able to find postings from 2021 and 2019 for UVA's program. Hoping we get more info soon!

11 hours ago, teachlnmg2025 said:

Oh got it! I have only been able to find postings from 2021 and 2019 for UVA's program. Hoping we get more info soon!

I just keep checking it every day lol. Good luck in your interview!

On 3/1/2023 at 6:56 AM, teachlnmg2025 said:

Have you had your interview yet? How did it go?

1 hour ago, teachlnmg2025 said:

Hi! I have my interview today. Have you heard anything?

Good luck! I'm excited for you. Not a word over here - I'm assuming I'm out but they're waiting to notify everybody at the same time, admissions and rejections.

Edited by Teachk5

3 minutes ago, Teachk5 said:

Good luck! I'm excited for you. Not a word over here - I'm assuming I'm out but they're waiting to notify everybody at the same time, admissions and rejections.

Thanks! I am not sure if everyone gets an interview. I kind of think some get interviews they are on the fence about and then there is another group that might be automatically accepted. Again, I can't find any place on their website that says an interview is part of the application process. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

On 3/10/2023 at 10:04 AM, teacher2524 said:

Thanks! I am not sure if everyone gets an interview. I kind of think some get interviews they are on the fence about and then there is another group that might be automatically accepted. Again, I can't find any place on their website that says an interview is part of the application process. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

How did it go?! I'm hoping all the best for you.