Yale Anthropology

tkb3293

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I wanted to share a message of encouragement to anyone who may be feeling disheartened about their graduate school applications, especially those who may have applied to Yale's Anthropology Department.

Recently, I received an apology from a Yale professor stating that despite having a strong application and a great project, I would not be admitted because apparently students haven’t graduated due to the pandemic and limited seats are available. I was also informed that only two students are being admitted this year, and it was a decision made heavily by senior professors. Although it was tough to hear, the professor explained that there are various factors that come into play when it comes to departmental politics and admissions decisions.

While it may be disheartening to receive a rejection, it's important to remember that it doesn't define your worth or potential. Admissions decisions are complex and multifaceted, and sometimes external circumstances can impact the outcome.

So, if you didn't get into your top choice school or program, don't give up. Keep pursuing your dreams and working towards your goals and know that there are always other opportunities out there. You have the potential to achieve great things, and sometimes the road to success may take a different path than you anticipated.

I hope my experience can provide some closure and comfort to those who may have applied to Yale's Anthropology Department this year. Keep your head up, stay positive, and keep striving towards your dreams!

5 hours ago, Eins said:

Hey, I wanted to share a message of encouragement to anyone who may be feeling disheartened about their graduate school applications, especially those who may have applied to Yale's Anthropology Department.

Recently, I received an apology from a Yale professor stating that despite having a strong application and a great project, I would not be admitted because apparently students haven’t graduated due to the pandemic and limited seats are available. I was also informed that only two students are being admitted this year, and it was a decision made heavily by senior professors. Although it was tough to hear, the professor explained that there are various factors that come into play when it comes to departmental politics and admissions decisions.

While it may be disheartening to receive a rejection, it's important to remember that it doesn't define your worth or potential. Admissions decisions are complex and multifaceted, and sometimes external circumstances can impact the outcome.

So, if you didn't get into your top choice school or program, don't give up. Keep pursuing your dreams and working towards your goals and know that there are always other opportunities out there. You have the potential to achieve great things, and sometimes the road to success may take a different path than you anticipated.

I hope my experience can provide some closure and comfort to those who may have applied to Yale's Anthropology Department this year. Keep your head up, stay positive, and keep striving towards your dreams!

Thank you so much for sharing - this exact thing happened to me last year with a different school, but it really helped with the motivation to apply again.

Did you reach out to the professor or did they contact you? I'm curious if members of the department might be open to providing general feedback on the projects.