good questions to ask MFA interviewers?

geminilibraaquarius

HI!

i have an interview coming up and was wondering if anyone has any good questions to ask during the interview about their MFA program? I don't really even know where to begin since I basically go off what the website to get information about each school's specific MFA program.

also, has anyone heard from SUNY Buffalo or University of Illinois Chicago yet?

i applied to OSU and Wisconsin for painting and haven't heard anything and I see some have been interviewed and even accepted so...that leads me to believe that I am not in the running.

good luck everyone! 

One question that I usually ask is, "What are students in my major (Design, Photo, Ceramics, Painting, etc.) doing for their thesis project?" It's a good way of finding out what the culmination of 2/3 years worth of school will look like and shows initiative in that you are thinking about what you will do for your thesis.

Another question I like to ask is, "What do you like the most about being at XYZ University?" It's nice to hear professors talk about what they like about the university because it's a good way to hear about all the qualities that make each university unique (research opportunities, location, coworkers, student support, etc.)

Good luck with your interview!