UAlbany has reached out to offer holders?!

youcandothis

Heyyyy. I am a bit disheartened to see that UAlbany has actually reached out to offer holders and I am not one of them. Does anyone have an idea of the process? Do they reach out to the admitted students in one go? (I guess that's a silly question- most schools if not all don't)

I actually emailed the director of the sociology department yesterday and was told that I could expect to hear from them in the first week of February. Now I am thinking 'okay so I am probably one of the their rejections'.

Fingers crossed! Any other UAlbany applicants?

10 hours ago, ohnoherewegoagain said:

i've only seen one person upload a result thus far. i think there's still hope! i also applied to ualbany. they're a good fit, but i'm also "meh" in terms of the chances i have.

I hope we both get in!!

I feel the same. I really want to work with one of their professors but I am not exactly a competitive applicant. 

20 minutes ago, ohnoherewegoagain said:

yes! i got in today! i think they’re rolling out acceptances, so be on the lookout :)

Congrats and thanks for the kind words!

I think their places are mostly gone at least, but fingers crossed. At least waitlist me please!!!!!!!

On 2/3/2023 at 12:53 PM, ohnoherewegoagain said:

yes! i got in today! i think they’re rolling out acceptances, so be on the lookout :)

I got in too today!!!!

But I am waitlisted for funding :( Gonna pray that other students get even better offers & decline albany!

6 hours ago, ohnoherewegoagain said:

so excited for you, and congratulations! fwiw, they offered me funding, and it was a stipend of $20.4K. i'm going to go to the admitted students day, but the stipend offered to me from umiami is still more even when accounting for the COL, so i may reject UA's offer!

Thanks for letting me know! I am under the impression that UA isn't doing too well financially.

Hope you will have more new offers that are even more amazing than UM!