Summer and Full-Year Scholarship through the same foundation - Can I repeat my story?

serpentstone

Keeping this short and simple lol -

There is a scholarship foundation that offers Summer Semester and Full Academic Year funding for people seeking certain research. In the application, we're meant to write two pages, single spaced, as to what our background is and future goals and how this scholarship is specifically the one we need.

I already submitted my full-year application because it's by far the most important one. However, I only have one background story in my life and one set of future goals lol. Should I rewrite my same entire life story in different words for the summer application, or is that not really necessary? Like, in the frankest of terms, if I copy and paste the painstakingly written life story from my other application and add the part about how the summer scholarship, specifically, will be helpful, is that taboo? 

The essay requirements for both scholarships are exactly the same, despite one being for $50k and the other being $7k lol. I feel like the easy answer is just "rewrite it!" but 1100 words is quite hefty to reformat when it still means the same exact same thing. I feel like it will be more obvious that it was rewritten from the same essay rather than just copied. idk yall I'm freakin out over everything