MPA at WWS

MKP

Hi all,

I am from India, 28, i have a masters in development management studies from one of the better institutes in India and i have around 3+ years work expirence in Micro insurance and micro finance in India, Sri Lanka and Kenya. I am planning to apply for WWS MPA in Development studies at Princeton. I have around 3.0 GPA( and estimated conversion from indian to US scoring) in my undergrad (2005) and around 3.2 GPA for my Masters(2007). I am cautiously confident of getting 750+ score in the quantitative and Verbals in the GRE. Now as i have very little idea about the admission criterion of WWS i have a few queries:

1. Prima facie , does my profile sound strong enough to be considered by WWS?

2. How important will my work ex (with 1+ year of international exposure) be vis a vis my academics, which obviously is quite average?

3. How important are Policy memos, SOP and recommendations for the application and if there are any tips that i should be careful about.

I apply this year.

I would be very thankful for your comments and insights.

Cheers

• 11 months later...

Hi MKP

I also have an indian degree. Could you please let me know what is the basis of converting indian percentage into GPA. Did you apply? What was the outcome?

Hi all,

I am from India, 28, i have a masters in development management studies from one of the better institutes in India and i have around 3+ years work expirence in Micro insurance and micro finance in India, Sri Lanka and Kenya. I am planning to apply for WWS MPA in Development studies at Princeton. I have around 3.0 GPA( and estimated conversion from indian to US scoring) in my undergrad (2005) and around 3.2 GPA for my Masters(2007). I am cautiously confident of getting 750+ score in the quantitative and Verbals in the GRE. Now as i have very little idea about the admission criterion of WWS i have a few queries:

1. Prima facie , does my profile sound strong enough to be considered by WWS?

2. How important will my work ex (with 1+ year of international exposure) be vis a vis my academics, which obviously is quite average?

3. How important are Policy memos, SOP and recommendations for the application and if there are any tips that i should be careful about.

I apply this year.

I would be very thankful for your comments and insights.

Cheers

There is an entire thread for such questions, pinned to the top of the forum, that literally says in all caps READ ME BEFORE POSTING.