NSERC PDF

SalmoSalar

The NSERC Post Doctoral Fellowship results are now available. I received, "I regret to inform you that, although your application was considered meritorious, it was not funded due to budgetary constraints." Did others get the same notification?

Also, does anyone know if we will find out our rankings later on?

Hi @SalmoSalar and @lcoelho: in case it helps, for the 2020 and 2021 competition I received the ranking letter ~1 week after the decision letter. I was waitlisted for the 2020 competition and the language in the initial letter was: "Your application was considered meritorious; however, I regret to inform you that your application did not score highly enough to be funded at this time. Consequently, your application will remain on a short-list of alternates; you will be notified should sufficient funds become available. The absence of such notification will indicate that your application was not selected for funding."

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
4 hours ago, SalmoSalar said:

Results were released last night, has everyone checked? I am happy that this year my application was successful!

Congrats!

I also received results yesterday, I was successful too!

Just wondering based on the above posts, we're you able to receive your ranking for your previous application? I'm curious on how well I ranked.

20 hours ago, AlphaBetta 12 said:

Congrats!

I also received results yesterday, I was successful too!

Just wondering based on the above posts, we're you able to receive your ranking for your previous application? I'm curious on how well I ranked.

Yes, last year I was able to obtain my ranking after emailing NSERC. I’ve emailed this year to accept my award and also asked for my ranking again. Just waiting to hear back. 

13 minutes ago, SalmoSalar said:

Yes, last year I was able to obtain my ranking after emailing NSERC. I’ve emailed this year to accept my award and also asked for my ranking again. Just waiting to hear back. 

Awesome, thanks for letting me know!