Did anyone hear from Umass Amherst and Syracuse?

youcandothis

2 hours ago, ohnoherewegoagain said:

i emailed about syracuse and was told “decisions will be sent out sometime later this month.” ?

Hey it's you again! Thanks for the information. 

They do seem to send out decision later than most schools.

I am not really expecting good news from them, still the waiting!!

14 hours ago, Planted said:

I’m also waiting to hear from UMass, no word yet?

Hey, I saw on the results page that 4 have been offered admission. Hope you'll hear good news from them soon.

If I am waitlisted I'd consider it a win. But my chance at being waitlisted is like, 0... ?

10 hours ago, Albanyfundingplease said:

Hey, I saw on the results page that 4 have been offered admission. Hope you'll hear good news from them soon.

If I am waitlisted I'd consider it a win. But my chance at being waitlisted is like, 0... ?

Still no word so I guess I’m just waiting for them to grace me with a rejection letter ? When I saw the one acceptance that had 5 publications I knew it was over for me lol 

15 hours ago, Planted said:

Still no word so I guess I’m just waiting for them to grace me with a rejection letter ? When I saw the one acceptance that had 5 publications I knew it was over for me lol 

I know! I don't know if admission to PhD programs has always been this competitive or is it this year in particular

I am basically waiting for UMass Amherst & Syracuse & UConn to reject me so that I can start begging Albany. 

Edited by Albanyfundingplease

On 2/16/2023 at 4:08 PM, ohnoherewegoagain said:

i emailed about syracuse and was told “decisions will be sent out sometime later this month.” ?

I emailed professor Ma (grad program director) and was told that decisions would likely be sent out within 2 weeks. 

I am anticipating to hear from them in early March... This is taking way too long ?

Are you going to UAlbany's visit day? I live outside US so will only be attending the virtual session. 

33 minutes ago, Planted said:

Waitlisted at UMass Amherst — just received an email from the grad director. Seemed to be a form letter, so who knows how many others are in the same position. ? The limbo continues!

I'm also waitlisted and not giving it much weight. Congratulations, though! It's better than a rejection.... right??

On 2/28/2023 at 6:30 AM, ohnoherewegoagain said:

hi you all, i received an acceptance today from syracuse, so emails/notifications should be coming out incredibly soon!

Congrats!!!

You are doing so well and I am happy for you (not just because with all those offers you are likely to decline Albany lol)

:)