Portfolio requires to photograph paintings with the wall?

TheStranger

Under the rules to apply, they state for Yale that you need to include the wall so they get a feel for the size. When I retook photos of my work to include the wall, it seemed like it was just my work with the white wall as a 'framing' of sorts. Is this what they mean?

Under the rules to apply, they state for Yale that you need to include the wall so they get a feel for the size. When I retook photos of my work to include the wall, it seemed like it was just my work with the white wall as a 'framing' of sorts. Is this what they mean?

Just showing a bit of the wall around the work doesn't show the scale. You should photograph part of the floor and ceiling (and doorway if there is one near by). My work is almost mural size - so I photographed it with part of the ceiling and floor and in some cases the frame of a doorway. Even if your work is small - you should do this so they can see that it is small in relation to the room. If it is high enough res - they can zoom in to see the image. And if they want to see a larger image with just the artwork - I'm sure they can ask you.....and if you get an interview - they can see it in person anyway.

• 2 weeks later...