Thoughts on CUNY Hunter Applied Social Research M.S?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get my head together for Graduate school/s next fall. I have Anthropology, Comp. Lit background for my undergraduate studies. I have been pondering the efficacy of grad school ever since I finished my undergrad. And after working for two years, I am looking to pursue my ambition of doing public good while enrolling in a rigorous, and perhaps reputable research/policy oriented program. I have been thinking of Public/Social Policy for a while now since the program has the versatility in professional sense while maintaining further PhD options in the future.

But I have always been fascinated by critical, cultural and social theory, and I would be hard pressed to abdicate my near infatuation with theory I discovered during my BA. So, after some researching, I found Hunter's program in Applied Social Research that on paper looks perfect for someone like me who is trying to find a good balance of theory and quantitative training.

I am wondering if any of you know about the program in-depth besides what's listed on their website, or have any thoughts if you attend or attended the program. I haven't talked to anyone there yet. So I would appreciate comments from anyone familiar with the program.

Thanks in advance for your replies!!

• 10 months later...

Hey, been directed to this post so many times over the past year, finally made an account to reply. I am starting a program this Fall, and am very excited about it. The only (huge) problem I am having is the lack of alumni feedback. I can't find any information on how satisfied past students were, career success, and so on. Please let me know, I am beginning to feel like I should be going to Columbia for their Quantitive Methods in Social Sciences, or the similar degrees at Baruch.

• 3 years later...

Paperbag85 - now I'm the one searching for people's thoughts on the program, coming back to this posting a few times, and FINALLY deciding to create an account and reply. And chance you'd be willing to share any thoughts on the program? I'm thinking about applying for the Fall, but am having the same trouble of finding feedback from alumni.

And PrecociousGrey, would love any thoughts you might have, if you did end up going. Hope it worked out well either way!

Thank you!