Central European University 2023

redaxcx

1 minute ago, feministintrainning said:

Hi, I applied for CEU this year as well, 2-year gender studies MA and 1-year Public Policy MA. I thought they start interviewing in March so I'm a little bit worried as I have not heard any news from them. How was your interview?

Hey, fingers crossed for you! First of all, it really depends on each program, and not all of them have interviews. Sometimes they start interviewing in March so I don't know. I had a friend last year who received his invite in early March for the same program, so it really depends, whereas I never received the interview invite and when I emailed them in April after being waitlisted, they mentioned that they sent out the invite but apparently I never received it. So I would suggest you email them in early march (by the 10th) just in case there was an issue with you receiving the email. 

Concerning your question, it went really well and the person who interviewed me even said congratulations at the end haha. Feel free to message me if you have any questions! Hope you get some positive news soon!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 2:16 PM, f8th said:

Hi! Do you know if all accepted applicants for the gender studies program go through the interview process? Is the interview a prerequisite for admission or do some students get accepted without being interviewed?

I reached out to an alumna and she said that she didn't think the 2-year Gender studies MA has an interview process, so I guess we will just have to wait. Good luck!

Hi guys,

I have also applied for a 2 year Master Programm in critical gender studies at the CEU, Austria. I am self funded and I received an email saying that I have been Waite listed. Do you have any idea if I am going to be accepted? Apparently I am going to hear back from them before the 30th of May? 

Thanks 

Edited by Anni K

16 hours ago, f8th said:

Hi! Have you heard back? Btw, is it possible for an applicant to receive offers from two different departments at CEU or do they choose already which program best fits your qualifications?

I have not heard back from them. I think each department will make their own decision independently and students can choose which offer they'd like to accept.

12 hours ago, Anni K said:

Hi guys,

I have also applied for a 2 year Master Programm in critical gender studies at the CEU, Austria. I am self funded and I received an email saying that I have been Waite listed. Do you have any idea if I am going to be accepted? Apparently I am going to hear back from them before the 30th of May? 

Thanks 

I applied for financial aid and I have not heard back from them yet. Maybe your process was shorter because you're self funded? Good luck!

Hi Again, 

general question. What does waitlisted in the CEU mean? How likely is it for me to get accepted there? I have admission from Germany but I prefer to go to Vienna to be close to my sister. I am confused, should I go to Germany or should I wait for the CEU? Any ideas 💡 

Thanks ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Did anyone apply for LLM at CEU? Have you received any response?

Also, any idea what are the chances of getting an acceptance if you end up on a waiting list, if you do receive an acceptance after being waitlisted, do you still get a fee waiver and/or stipend?

Looking forward to some responses!

Edited by galcake

Hi! I applied to the MA in Human Rights and got my acceptance letter on Monday. They did give me a big chunk of tuition waiver, however the self funded part is still quite high, I would struggle to afford it. I'll decline for financial reasons which means that I'll be put on a waitlist for a potentially better offer, but I'll lose the current offer. 

A bit bummed, to be honest I expected a higher waiver/full scholarship, but it is what it is. I hope this financial waitlist works out. Does anyone know anyone who was in a similar situation? Were they accepted?

Good day!

I applied for the Master's degree in Sociology and Social Anthropology, but still haven't heard back. Is there anyone, who also applied for this program?

I received a rejection from the Gender Studies Department on March 17, but still hope to get into the Sociology department.

I wish you all admission!

Edited by sarangase

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. Did anyone here who was waitlisted received any message?

Does anyone have any idea, at this point, if waitlisted candidate receive any offer, does it include both tuition waiver and stipend both? 

Looking forward to some responses, thanks.

Edited by galcake

On 4/23/2023 at 7:26 PM, galcake said:

Hello. Did anyone here who was waitlisted received any message?

Does anyone have any idea, at this point, if waitlisted candidate receive any offer, does it include both tuition waiver and stipend both? 

Looking forward to some responses, thanks.

Hi!

I was waitlisted in the end of March. Since then, no news :(

As for me, I haven't found any information on the amount of the scholarship for waitlisted candidates.