CSUN MSW Interview

whoalolo

Hi! 

I also have an interview scheduled for the Fall '23 CSUN MSW program. I've been looking up things that might help and stumbled across this. Hope it helps!

http://www.csun.edu/plunk/documents/gradschool.pdf

Figured it was from CSUN so can't hurt 🤷‍♀️

Can you provide an update after your interview on your experience and questions asked? I will do the same after mine!  

I also found this from last year: 

Edited by 2023mswcsunapplicant
Added MSW 2022 forum

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I interviewed on March 3 and haven't heard anything yet. 

I interviewed with 7 other applicants with 2 faculty. They introduced themselves and the program and we went into individual introductions. Then we were all asked a unique question. My question was something about an issue your community is facing. Other questions were like, how do you ask for help and is it hard for you to accept it. Sorry I can't remember many of the individual questions. But those are only one per person so you don't answer the same thing.

The group activity was just 5 minutes. We were given a prompt and we discussed how to best use a grant provided to a program which promotes diversity, equity, etc. 

At the end, we were given a written exercise (How do you plan on managing life, school and internship if accepted into the program?) and we were to email it within 20 minutes. 

That was my experience during the interview. The faculty stated that we would hear back no later than May 15. Hopefully I'll hear something sooner. 

Has anyone else heard back yet? 

On 3/13/2023 at 10:57 PM, CSUN MSW 2023 APPLiCANT said:

Hello, I interviewed March 6 and still haven't heard anything. 

Hello!! have you received anything so far?? my friend who just interviewed on the 13th got her decision this morning!! she got accepted!

3 minutes ago, CSUN MSW 2023 APPLiCANT said:

Not yet. They told me I will be getting something by the end of this week. Dam, your friend got lucky with no waiting time. This the part I hate. You interviewed on the 6th? 

Yes!!! I am SWEATING. 

what time did you interview?

1 minute ago, CSUN MSW 2023 APPLiCANT said:

The people they take right away they know they want them for sure. I assume the ones that take long, we are filtered with other applicants and they really evaluate our applications. 

DAMN. did you get a response after you submitted your email? like after the interview? saying they received it and best wishes lmao damn

On 3/15/2023 at 8:38 AM, 2023mswcsunapplicant said:

Hi everyone! I interviewed on March 3 and haven't heard anything yet. 

I interviewed with 7 other applicants with 2 faculty. They introduced themselves and the program and we went into individual introductions. Then we were all asked a unique question. My question was something about an issue your community is facing. Other questions were like, how do you ask for help and is it hard for you to accept it. Sorry I can't remember many of the individual questions. But those are only one per person so you don't answer the same thing.

The group activity was just 5 minutes. We were given a prompt and we discussed how to best use a grant provided to a program which promotes diversity, equity, etc. 

At the end, we were given a written exercise (How do you plan on managing life, school and internship if accepted into the program?) and we were to email it within 20 minutes. 

That was my experience during the interview. The faculty stated that we would hear back no later than May 15. Hopefully I'll hear something sooner. 

Has anyone else heard back yet? 

Thank you so much! I have an interview coming up and this is super helpful, hope the good news comes to your way soon!