CMU Heinz 2023

student585

For some reasons I feel the GA/Policy folks are awfully quiet this year haha, but thank you for starting this thread! I haven't got any official communication from CMU but I saw that Python Programming at Heinz Summer School was added to my portal as part of the checklist today. Am quite nervous but having my fingers crossed that this means good news...

I applied for the DA track of MSPPM! I took a quick look at Heinz's website and it seems to be the conditional enrollment course for folks applying to MSPPM-DA and MSHCA. Hope this isn't a system glitch since I still haven't heard anything from admissions haha, but I'd be keen on knowing if anyone's in the same boat.

1 hour ago, breadloafer said:

I applied for the DA track of MSPPM! I took a quick look at Heinz's website and it seems to be the conditional enrollment course for folks applying to MSPPM-DA and MSHCA. Hope this isn't a system glitch since I still haven't heard anything from admissions haha, but I'd be keen on knowing if anyone's in the same boat.

That's probably a good sign @breadloafer, people mentioned the same thing on their application page on reddit in the past and were later accepted. Idk why they would add that if they were planning to reject someone hahaha

Hm hm! It was great to know people went through that too thank you!! And I know what you mean; I was pretty stoked myself but wanted to keep my emotion in check lest the worst happens haha. Funding's a critical thing for me too so there's also that.

Did you apply to any other programs? Any overseas school or just within the States? @student585

Congrats!! I also heard back yesterday and got in my program of choice too; am stoked and have been over the moon since. Good luck to everyone who's still expecting!!!

Which track/program did you apply to @student585? Will you be attending? I'm actually quite surprised to see Admitted Students event is scheduled so close (one week) to the date by which we are to confirm enrolment haha.

On 3/3/2023 at 6:46 AM, breadloafer said:

Congrats!! I also heard back yesterday and got in my program of choice too; am stoked and have been over the moon since. Good luck to everyone who's still expecting!!!

Which track/program did you apply to @student585? Will you be attending? I'm actually quite surprised to see Admitted Students event is scheduled so close (one week) to the date by which we are to confirm enrolment haha.

@breadloaferI applied to the flagship MSPPM and already accepted the offer of admission so I'll be attending! Yeah the admitted student events are close to the deadline haha I won't be able to make it in person but may go to some of the virtual events.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 3/15/2023 at 7:28 PM, isitimportant said:

Anybody else still anxiously waiting for the decision? I'm applying for MSPPM-DA on January 9th, but no answer until today...

Same same… I still haven’t heard any from them but I noticed that some people got admitted to MSPPM-DA last Thursday. It makes me feel more anxious😥 I did send love letter to the admission email address but only got reply from current student...No idea what I should do now.

2 hours ago, YukkC said:

Same same… I still haven’t heard any from them but I noticed that some people got admitted to MSPPM-DA last Thursday. It makes me feel more anxious😥 I did send love letter to the admission email address but only got reply from current student...No idea what I should do now.

I also did send an email to the admissions team, and got replies from current students. I think that's the procedure there (?). Unfortunately, I was rejected from this program (a bit sad, but gotta move on). Hope they will send you good news soon. Best of luck!

5 hours ago, isitimportant said:

I also did send an email to the admissions team, and got replies from current students. I think that's the procedure there (?). Unfortunately, I was rejected from this program (a bit sad, but gotta move on). Hope they will send you good news soon. Best of luck!

Thank you for the information! Wish you all the best!