Switching from computres to civil

rohanagar

hello

i am currently a student of computer science in india and want to do my MS from US and do it in civil........how can i know the exact details about how many extra courses i will need to tae up, the fees structure and the extra time i would require to complete my MS......

thanks

hello

i am currently a student of computer science in india and want to do my MS from US and do it in civil........how can i know the exact details about how many extra courses i will need to tae up, the fees structure and the extra time i would require to complete my MS......

thanks

the M.S. in civil is fast becoming the professional degree for civil engineers in the United States. Schools are beginning to admit more students on an un-funded basis because the demand for the degree has increased so much.

Some schools will offer a M.S. program that takes 1 year if you did your undergraduate in civil engineering at that school, and almost all schools have a 3-4 semester program. Since you do not have a civil engineering background, getting admitted with be more difficult, you should contact specific schools that you are interested in and ask them what sort of coursework they require in an applicant.