plz evaluate my profile...MS computer science 2011 fall

bhavana

Plz evaluate my profile....

BCA(hons) student...CGPA 8.69...GRE score 1400(V-640, Q-760)....

Some sports(Volleyball n table tennis...college level) and extra curricular certificates....IIT mumbai information security workshop certficate....

i hv an internship certificate for database maintainence...Java core+ advanced certificate...

No research experience...but teaching assistantship experience of 2 months...

What universities shud i apply?? M yet to give TOEFL....

What are the scholarship options??? and document needed for application??

Plz evaluate my profile....

BCA(hons) student...CGPA 8.69...GRE score 1400(V-640, Q-760)....

Some sports(Volleyball n table tennis...college level) and extra curricular certificates....IIT mumbai information security workshop certficate....

i hv an internship certificate for database maintainence...Java core+ advanced certificate...

No research experience...but teaching assistantship experience of 2 months...

What universities shud i apply?? M yet to give TOEFL....

What are the scholarship options??? and document needed for application??

What areas are you interested in? To determine which schools to apply to, you really have to look to see which schools match up best with your interests.

I am interested in general IT or Computer science degree...nothing specific....

What areas are you interested in? To determine which schools to apply to, you really have to look to see which schools match up best with your interests.

I am interested in general IT or Computer science degree...nothing specific....

It is advisable that you choose an area that you want to focus on - how else will the adcomms know if you are a good fit for their university? Are you interested in a professional MS or in ultimately getting a PhD? If it's a professional MS you might be able to get in with a vague description of your interests, but with a research based MS you really need to have a good idea of what you want to study in grad school.

As for schools that you could apply to, you might want to look at http://www.cs.utep.edu/admissions/ Its a site from UTEP that tries to guess which schools you would have a chance at based on your scores and a few other criteria. It's not really exact but it can give you some schools to check out.

hey...tnxx 4 d reply...m not interested in research or Phd...for that matter m interested in a general IT course...nothing lyk robotics ya info security or smthn...hv chkd out sm school on US news...will look up d site u suggested...

It is advisable that you choose an area that you want to focus on - how else will the adcomms know if you are a good fit for their university? Are you interested in a professional MS or in ultimately getting a PhD? If it's a professional MS you might be able to get in with a vague description of your interests, but with a research based MS you really need to have a good idea of what you want to study in grad school.

As for schools that you could apply to, you might want to look at http://www.cs.utep.edu/admissions/ Its a site from UTEP that tries to guess which schools you would have a chance at based on your scores and a few other criteria. It's not really exact but it can give you some schools to check out.