Anyone heard from these schools?

annoyed0

Anyone heard from the following schools...???:

Dalhousie

McGill

Concordia

Manitoba

Ottawa

I applied to clinical psychology at all of them. I am starting to take the lack of news as bad news :cry:

Over two weeks ago Dalhousie's web site changed to say "decision made" in the status area, but not other information yet. I am assuming that this means its a no.

What do you guys think?

--------------------------

already rejected from: UWO and Queens

Interview: York

I am also waiting to hear from two Canadian schools, Alberta and Calgary. It's really weird because I've heard from all the others in the states and I don't really know what to think about these two. Do Canadian schools just take longer to make decisions?

I don't think so...I think it depends on the school

I guess its possible that they take longer.

Should we be assuming its a no or that if you have not heard it means your on a waiting list?

I don't know. I think I might send some e-mails on Monday asking about status. I'm getting pretty anxious!

I do know for sure that the deadline for deciding where you go is April 15th for Canadian schools, but all of them have different dates for notifying people.

Should I take that lack of response as I didn't get in?

I do know for sure that the deadline for deciding where you go is April 15th for Canadian schools, but all of them have different dates for notifying people.

I wouldn't go that far yet. One of my friends just got accepted to a US school this past week and my last acceptance was less than 2 weeks ago. Plus it seemed like the Canadian schools I applied to had fairly late deadlines (though not super late, still in January). But I am pretty impatient to find out!

I got a straight acceptance (not off the waitlist) from a Canadian school two years ago, and it did not arrive until the end of April. The program is very good, but the school is notoriously slow in getting back to you.

BTW, many humanities programs in Canada had deadlines into Feb. I would give the Canucks a little more time before giving up on them -- people just move slower when they've got maple syrup in their veins. =)

Alternatively, you can give them a ring. That's not illegal in Canada. heh

Alternatively, you can give them a ring. That's not illegal in Canada. heh

They have phones in Canada!?! lol, jk.

I hope I don't have to end up waiting until the end of April! I kinda of thought this might happen with having a mix of US and Canadian schools, it'll be interesting to see how it all turns out. I'm going to contact the departments on Monday to try and find out what I can! :)

Good idea.

Just so you know, I have not heard from any of my Canadian apps yet this year, which is not surprising. What is surprising is that I still haven't heard from a couple of American programs, either. I just keep hoping that no news is good news for the schools in question.

Well...I decided to call the schools and ask the graduate coordinators what the status of my application was... :cry:

Dalhousie- Rejected

McGill- We don't like to answer our phones

Concordia- Rejected

Ottawa- We have decided, have not sent out letters, and we won't tell you over the phone

York- Wait List (no ranking) So PLEASE if you got into the Clinical Developmental program and you are not going to go tell them!!!!

Manitoba- we also do not answer out phones

Western-Rejected

Queens- Rejected

Guelph- assumed rejection (was not invited to open house day)

WHY did I apply to a competitive program?!?!? So many rejections---I have an 88 average and research and clinical experience up the wazoo!

The new plan...work on publications and try again next year

• 1 year later...

You are wrong. Take SFU for example, and the deadline for giving out the admission decisions is mid-May! counterexample. :P

What about the Ontario College of Art and Design (OCAD)? :? :?

I've heard absolutely NOTHING and starting to freak about about deadlines, because I was accepted to three other great programs. But I LOVED OCAD and Toronto...

Anyone even apply there??

Anyone heard from these schools: U of Oregon for Music Theory, U of Minnesota for Music Theory, U of Rochester for Linguistics or UCSD/SDSU JDP Language and Communicative Disorders? I'm thinking if we haven't heard yet we're probably waitlisted as the school is hoping some people will make negative decisions in time for them to accept some different people. So if there are any schools you have already ruled out but haven't contacted yet, please do! :-P