Sending a poster

I'm an international student from a non-English speaking country.

The only things I have ever written in English are 3 different posters, which eventally were all presented in big international conferences. I am the 1st author in one of them. Is it OK to send just a poster? I mean - it does say a lot about my research and writing ability, so why not? On the other hand, it is NOT a 10-25 pages piece of work.

What do you think?

By the way, I'm applying for a Developmental Psych PhD program. .

It's not a good idea to submit:

- collaborative work -- how should the adcom know what your contribution was? (= research ability compromised)

- a poster -- I think posters usually do not reflect normal research-paper writing. (= writing ability compromised)

You should seriously consider either translating something you wrote, writing something new, or at the very least contacting schools to ask if there is someone who can read your writing sample in the language in which it is currently written (at my department people can also submit papers in French and German, and possibly in other languages as well, if they inquire).