LOR to be sent after receiving the application fee?

wendychina

I checked with my professors who told me he had not received the LOR from the school. I wrote to school, and the reply was that I had to submit application fee first. However, according to the procedure that I saw from the online application, one has to finish the applicatoin process before submitting the application fee.

I was totally confused.

Anyone who apply for this school, please share your experience. Thanks.

I checked with my professors who told me he had not received the LOR from the school. I wrote to school, and the reply was that I had to submit application fee first. However, according to the procedure that I saw from the online application, one has to finish the applicatoin process before submitting the application fee.

I was totally confused.

Anyone who apply for this school, please share your experience. Thanks.

I'm applying to Indiana University, and the Sociology department website states that your LORs will not be sent until after you submit the application. So yes, you have to finish the app, and then your LORs will get the LOR e-mail. This means don't submit your Indiana app last minute, but I'd say at least a month before the due date!

Some schools do things this way. You have to submit your application (and pay the fee) before your recommenders will receive the email prompting them to upload their LOR and attach it to your application. It's different from many other systems which allow you to send the recommenders their prompt as soon as you start the application. It's annoying, but it's not unheard of. It simply means that you have to finish the application to this school before the actual deadline, or else your recommenders won't have time to submit the LORs on time. I don't think you need to finish a month in advance, though. Ask your recommenders how long they need to upload the letter -- usually a week or two should be enough to make sure the letter is submitted on time.

Thank you, my friends. I could still try for that. However, there is now a more important issue, my test results. The deadline is Dec 1, yet my Toefl results won't be available online till 28th Nov.

Therefore, the transcripts won't reach the school till after the deadline, i.e., Dec 1.

Will it be considered as delay if the official test results reach after Dec. 1?