2023 Fall Sociology PhD program, waitlist status!

youcandothis

Hey! I am waitlisted at UAlbany for funding & unofficially waitlisted at UConn (I emailed the director asking for an update and was told that they didn't have money to make me an offer. I take it to mean that I am very, very low on the waitlist, or they'd bother to at least produce an offer ).

At the moment I feel pretty hopeful that I will get off the waitlist at Albany, but do not really expect a status change from UConn. 

I will most likely give up my spot at the University of South Florida. If I do get a funded offer from either Albany or UConn, I will give up my spot at UMass Boston as well.

You?

For those of you who are on the waitlist (me included), I was told that many admitted students will make their decisions between April 1 and April 15. Those who absolutely know their first choice will make a decision by the end of March. Hopefully, we will receive a status update during that window!! Even if it's not ideal, keep up the faith!

1 hour ago, michigan girl said:

For those of you who are on the waitlist (me included), I was told that many admitted students will make their decisions between April 1 and April 15. Those who absolutely know their first choice will make a decision by the end of March. Hopefully, we will receive a status update during that window!! Even if it's not ideal, keep up the faith!

I know someone in real life who got off the waitlist in July!

Two friends of mine also applied to PhD program 10+ years ago, and they were both waitlisted at some schools & both of them got off the waitlists (though one was already admitted to her dream school so she declined the offer).

When I applied the first time, I had to defer my admission in June and another student deferred in May, so I am feeling optimistic!!!