Anyone applying this upcoming fall 2011 year?

i.am.me

I'm applying for this Fall 2011 year for International Comparative Education. Anyone else? :) I'm native to the East Coast, just returned back home from two years abroad, and want to stay in the mid-Atlantic region. I'm thinking of applying to the master's programs at the University of Maryland, George Washington University, and American University. Though, I'd consider going farther for a PhD, I've just returned home, so I don't really want to be too far from my family right now. My parent's really missed me while I was away. :blink:

Has anyone heard anything about the schools above or are already attending them and studying any field of Education? If you're also going into International Comparative Education, what schools are you applying to? Any advice, suggestions, or comments are welcome and appreciated in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently attend George Washington's Graduate School of Education and Human Development for International Education. I was accepted to GW and American University, and I decided to go with GW because it seemed as though it has a much more hands-on, interactive program. I'm very happy with my decision and am excited to see other people interested in it.

I have one piece of advice that I can think of at the moment: continually check your application status. I thought that I had turned mine in super early, only to find out that my undergraduate transcripts were sent incorrectly (without the cover page), which meant that GW never received them. GSEHD Admissions did not send any reminder emails, so it is important to remember that it is up to you to keep after your applications.

Having two years' experience abroad is very good for your application, so highlight that in your essay (and maybe take an extra moment to reflect in the essay on an impact that your experience had on you).

Do you have any specific questions?

I currently attend George Washington's Graduate School of Education and Human Development for International Education. I was accepted to GW and American University, and I decided to go with GW because it seemed as though it has a much more hands-on, interactive program. I'm very happy with my decision and am excited to see other people interested in it.

I have one piece of advice that I can think of at the moment: continually check your application status. I thought that I had turned mine in super early, only to find out that my undergraduate transcripts were sent incorrectly (without the cover page), which meant that GW never received them. GSEHD Admissions did not send any reminder emails, so it is important to remember that it is up to you to keep after your applications.

Having two years' experience abroad is very good for your application, so highlight that in your essay (and maybe take an extra moment to reflect in the essay on an impact that your experience had on you).

Do you have any specific questions?

WoW Thanks for replying!!! Would you happen to know how competitive the international education admittance/enrollment is into GW and American? Those are two schools that are also on my short list. I'm a bit concerned about how competitive I am as a candidate. I'm taking three courses now in International Ed and find them highly relevant to what I'd like to do in the future. How do you like the program at GW? What are the professors like? Is it a big department with lots of faculty and students or is it kind of small?Do you guys have alot of international students compared to American?