Poor/no econ background-- how to make up?

gchandra

My official degree is in Comparative Literature (ahh liberal arts, I love you, but you didn't get me a job), supplemented by lots of social science research and several courses. However, now that I want to go into government affairs/IR/sociology, I'm realizing I need Econ courses, and need them bad. What's the best way to do this?

I'm currently based in Denver and hope to get a (cross fingers) Fulbright starting next Fall. Can I just take Econ courses at CU Denver without getting a degree? Will schools like this?

Thanks for your help!

My official degree is in Comparative Literature (ahh liberal arts, I love you, but you didn't get me a job), supplemented by lots of social science research and several courses. However, now that I want to go into government affairs/IR/sociology, I'm realizing I need Econ courses, and need them bad. What's the best way to do this?

I'm currently based in Denver and hope to get a (cross fingers) Fulbright starting next Fall. Can I just take Econ courses at CU Denver without getting a degree? Will schools like this?

Thanks for your help!

I took only macro in undergrad and did micro by correspondence from my state university. I don't know how much of an impact checking the quant box really has in the admissions process, but schools do accept these kinds of credits for the requirement. CU Denver sounds like a plan.

Thanks for your help!

i am also wondering about the impact of taking 0 quantitative courses in college on one's chances of admission. according to the various admissions departments it seems to be possible to count online and community college economics courses - as long as the institution giving them is fully accredited - but i wonder if it would be better to pay the money and take them at a legit bricks-and-mortar university?