Biology PhD admissions advice

margnotis

Hello everyone, I’m currently thinking of applying for PhD program. I graduated with a Bs in biology in 2020 with a 3.6 gpa. I was not sure if I wanted to continue my career in biology at the time and ended up choosing to get an MPH in epidemiology at a school in my hometown instead. I have come to realize I’m not really passionate about epidemiology and would much rather further my education in Biology. I was an undergraduate research assistant for a about 1 and a half years but never made any publications. I’m scared my lack of formal research experience might be a problem when applying. I’m planning to apply in a few years once I get my MPH. Any advice on how I can strengthen my chances of getting into a program? Any advice is welcomed.

7 hours ago, margnotis said:

Hello everyone, I’m currently thinking of applying for PhD program. I graduated with a Bs in biology in 2020 with a 3.6 gpa. I was not sure if I wanted to continue my career in biology at the time and ended up choosing to get an MPH in epidemiology at a school in my hometown instead. I have come to realize I’m not really passionate about epidemiology and would much rather further my education in Biology. I was an undergraduate research assistant for a about 1 and a half years but never made any publications https://omegle.onl/. I’m scared my lack of formal research experience might be a problem when applying. I’m planning to apply in a few years once I get my MPH. Any advice on how I can strengthen my chances of getting into a program? Any advice is welcomed.

I got this,...