Projects in C/C++

One of the univ that I am applying asks for my experience in programming C and C++ (it asks for projects). I think this question is asked so that I can demonstrate that I am proficient with these languages. But it mentions "write about the projects you have done"

I have done a mini project using C++.

Other than that, my entire BE course has numerous laboratory sessions where in I have programmed various algorithms using C and C++

My question is can I mention this? (the labs) which are not exactly projects (but part of curriculum). Or should I just emphasise on the project I have done?

Ya the algorithms are the well known must know algorithms for CS students.(Eg: distance vector, DFS BFS search, travelling salesman problem etc) So i would have been programming these using C or C++. You think its worth a mention? because its just an implementation and not my own creative design?

I think I will be taking same route as you are now.

The projects/algorithms that you mentioned earlier, they mostly seem like assignments or basic algorithms to me.

I think they are looking for some projects that are pretigious. Well, that's what I assume at least since they want to find out if the student can challenge their programs nicely.

If you don't mind, can you tell me which universities you are applying for?

Have a niceday!

Perhaps if you wanted you could put up a website with samples of the project and algorithms that you have implemented, and then mention that they can browse your samples on your website in your SoP.

Perhaps if you wanted you could put up a website with samples of the project and algorithms that you have implemented, and then mention that they can browse your samples on your website in your SoP.

Hey newms! :) It's good to see you back. Can you check out one of my recent posts?

Hey newms! :) It's good to see you back. Can you check out one of my recent posts?

Hey lifeistolearn,

Good to see you again! I saw your posts and added my thoughts.

hmm that seems like a good option. But still, I strongly feel they are trying to judge our abilities with C and C++ which the transcripts should do. As a CS student I've had to marry it all my UG life. Of course the projects done is quite less given the fact that acads are so hectic that there is nearly 0 time to do anything other than acads. So I wonder how to make myself look good! :(

As a matter of fact my SOP has become my major concern. I ve done 3 drafts till now. I get only negative critics every time. It has been so demoralizing that I don't even feel like pulling myself up to the chair to write something new. :blink: