UT-Austin Computational and Applied Math

za232

Has anybody heard anything from these guys?

I spoke to a professor Feb 15th who said decisions would be made "shortly"

I have also already spoken to the graduate secretary a couple of times and she assures me that I will be notified immediately, but it seems like things are dragging way too long!

I can't help, but think offers must have been made already and I am on the waiting list. Does anybody else have any info?

Thanks all

I applied there too but never heard anything back. Judging from other people's experiences in the blog, "Decisions will be made shortly" translates to "We'll wait as long as possible to make a decision but we don't want you accepting other offers so we'll lie."

According to the academic calendar, Spring Break just ended at UT Austin and Mondays are generally slow. My guess is that they will have decisions this week, maybe today if we're lucky. Good luck.

Someone reported that anyone who hasn't been accepted or rejected yet is wait-listed. They just didn't take the time to tell us because apparently they were more fixated on renovating their website. If anyone got an offer or acceptance, please make it quickly so that they can tell me whether I am accepted or rejected.

Yeah, I'm the one who called. Apparently the list is separated by potential advisor so I contacted mine and found out that he has made two RAship offers and neither has been accepted or declined, but I am next on the list.

So anybody who is not going to Texas please tell them now!!!!!!!!

It probably wouldn't hurt to contact them. The graduate coordinator is a temp right now and she was VERY helpful. Also, the professor I talked to was very apologetic that I had not heard anything yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard back in February (acceptance & CAM fellowship). I do know the graduate coordinator (C. Steiner) is out on maternity leave, so she had to hand things over to someone else (I think her name is Rodriguez), which could be slowing things down.

I do know the graduate coordinator (C. Steiner) is out on maternity leave, so she had to hand things over to someone else (I think her name is Rodriguez), which could be slowing things down.

Thank you. I emailed Steiner but I didn't know that she was on maternity leave. This means I need to contact Stephanie Rodriguez. I'm on the same boat as the other guy (za232). If accepted, there is a 50% chance I will accept their offer.

As for za232, I contacted the program in Boulder and they said that they haven't finished evaluating my application yet. They're unbelievably still making first round offers. It doesn't matter anyway because if accepted I will probably turn down Colorado.