Graduate Education acceptance rates

reddevil1986

I don't know that I've seen published acceptance rates. There's no requirement for schools to report how many applications they receive. However, I think some of the reporting orgs (like U.S. News) sometimes include an acceptance rate in the school/department profile. I had a conversation with my department's executive committee about two months ago about this topic. They were recently asked about it when a prospective student referred to such a report, but no one knew from where the data was taken.

ETA: That said, some departments/programs include the information on their website.

Edited by dacey

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know that I've seen published acceptance rates. There's no requirement for schools to report how many applications they receive. However, I think some of the reporting orgs (like U.S. News) sometimes include an acceptance rate in the school/department profile. I had a conversation with my department's executive committee about two months ago about this topic. They were recently asked about it when a prospective student referred to such a report, but no one knew from where the data was taken.

ETA: That said, some departments/programs include the information on their website.

I saw some information about PhD acceptance ranks from '04 on this website - http://www.edinformatics.com/colleges_universities/graduate_education.htm

For the last two years HGSE's acceptance rate for the EdD program has been around 7%. The EdLD program was probably closer to 1% (this year is the inaugural year). Admissions rates vary by program for the EdM, but my guess is they generally fall between 25 and 40%.